The Ballad of Mona Lisa ~ Panic At The Disco
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Here are my top TV shows… If your looking for something good to watch, check’em out.
These are in no specific order. They are all great from top to bottom.
1. Being Human. This first season syfy series is taken from the UK show with the same name. It follows the lives and relationships that evolve around the main characters, A werewolf, A ghost and A vampire. Ultimately, this show has spunk. Its not jammed pack with action but the scenes are meaningful and the relationships are easy to swallow. It doesn’t require you undivided attention to enjoy it or the actors.
2. Supernatural airs on CW. To put it lightly this show rocks my socks and I never miss an episode. The witty one-liners, the chemistry between the cast, and the never ending shock value of the episodes always ends with me in stitches. Its a well rounded show full of love, life, and loss. It follows the story of two supernatural hunter brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester. After overcoming the loss of bot their mother and father to demons, the brothers take on angels, demons and anything else that goes bump in the night. For me this show has it all and I’ve laughed, cried and shook my fist at the TV plenty of times. I highly recommend it. Its in its 6th season so please go back and become and supernatural fan from the beginning.
3.CSI: NY I am so in love with this show and I have been for years. Its based on the premise of the other popular CSI programs only this one hits closer to home for me. Its the NY crime lab and they are geared to solve murders and make you say awwwwe at the same time. The relationships between characters make this an easy watch even if you’re squeamish around the usual blood and guts of crime shows. Pretty good watch and I recommend to anyone who likes crime dramas. It airs on CBS.
4. PSYCH, This show has some of the best comedic writers working in the television industry. I am always entertained when I’m watching Psych. The main character Shawn and his noble ever name changing sidekick Gus have convinced the Santa Barbara Police Department that Shawn is psychic in order to gain employment. Shawn uses a set of hyper observant skills taught to him by his father, a retired cop for the SBPD. The hilarious duo find themselves in danger around every corner but never fail to deliver the greatness that is Psychic Detective Shawn Spencer and his partner Gee Buttersnaps! Airs on the USA network.
5. Lie To Me. This show has changed the way I look at people on a regular basis. Its story line is based on a man with an extraordinary gift of reading peoples faces or what is known as micro-expressions. His team of naturals and educated face readers make up a group of people you do not want to come up against. Walking in Cal’s shoes is his teenage daughter who isn’t far behind him in being able to read people in a split second. The dynamic of this show is so unique and refreshing. Its the type of show that you can rewatch episodes no matter how many times you’ve seen them. It currently airs on FOX.
6. BONES. Last but certainly not least. This show should require no recommendation because you ALL should already be watching it. Taking the unlikely duo of a scientific forensic anthropologist and a heart heavy FBI agent with a past and combining them into an hour of magic. Simply put, you cannot take your eyes off the screen during the episode. They both learn a little more about themselves only by spending time in each others worlds. The supporting cast in this show is remarkable and they can hold their own against the big dogs. The relationships are cemented and they are proving to stand the test of time as the seasons progress and new adventures begin. Crime solving, butt kicking, hilarity are packed into each episode and you better believe my DVR is set every Thursday night.
Today’s freaky fact…
Gloucestershire airport in England used to blast Tina Turner songs on its runways to scare birds away.
Well now you know.
Well, today I am brand new. Although I may be a novice in the world of wordpress, I assure you that I’ve been a blogger before blogging had a name. So lets jump “write” in! (see what I did there? Ok so I’m probably not the first to use this joke but chances are I wont be the last and Im comfortable being the middle child. Not too much is expected of the middle child.)
Friday! It was payday… so this means what exactly? It means the money I worked hard for the past two weeks was given to me so I could put it right back into the economy. While I wish I could say it was spent on frivolous items like socks and underwear, alas it was spent on rent and paying for my car registration renewal. So here was todays struggle…
It was too late to mail off for my renewal so I took it to a local notary. Im sitting there money in had to do this simple transaction when she looks at me and says, “Uh Oh”… Lady do not say Uh Oh… I’m sitting here with the 50 bucks clenched in my hand about to beg her for my little plate sticker when she tells me that my state suspended my tags! So I seen her “Uh Oh” and raised her a big o’ WTF? I swear I started pouting when I watched her put the envelop containing the registration back into the pile of other unopened envelops. I sat there patiently or as well as I could mange, and listened to her tell me my next steps.
- Leave her notary and drive across town to another notary.
- Wait in line at 2nd notary, playing fruit ninja on my iPhone watching the clock, hoping to be out of there by 2pm to get to work.
- Sit with a notary and explain why I was sent there, which for the record notary people, you know why we are there so when Im explaining something to you it would be helpful if you didn’t just blink at me. A simple nod of recognition would be suitable.
- Let the notary take a giant bite out of my wallet by charging me every fee known to woman while she smiled.
- Grab my new registration and haul ass to my job.
Now I know most of you are wondering as was I, why the hell my tag was suspended in the first place… hope your sitting down.
It was because in May of last year I bought a new car and got rid of my old car on the same day. My insurance was up for my old car so I didn’t bother renewing and it expired that night at midnight. I took my new car the same day and signed with a new insurance company. I was supposed to mail in proof of insurance to my DOT when I received the paperwork.(Which never came) So for those 3 hours of transfer being “unaccounted” for by my states DOT I was required to pay 75 bucks to reinstate my privilege to renew my vehicle registration.
Moral of the story folks: Don’t wait until the last week to renew your registration otherwise, you could be in for a hell of a day. Procrastination kiddies is not always our friends.